Monday, October 15, 2007

Content

I was walking home this morning after I took one of my midterms and I saw a school-bus. I kind of just instinctively watch school buses as they pass by - there's always the possibility that I could recognize one of the faces on the bus, and this morning, I did! I saw the little girl's face go into shock with recognition (I could see her mouth 'Ashley!'), and then excitement, as she smiled and began to wildy wave at me. It made me very happy about what I do, and I realized that I am going to miss these children immensely when I go back to Southern California. A few weekends ago, on my birthday, I was walking down Telegraph when I saw a child that was around the right height and had the head shape of a child that I knew. Sure enough, it was him! He was so sweet...he excitedly exclaimed, 'Ashley!' and then gave me a big hug. I truly love that feeling. A child that I'm not even related to is that excited to see me, and gives me a hug. I had to work really hard to be accepted by the children that I work with, and it was worth every single ounce of frustration and tears.


No comments: