Monday, May 01, 2006

HOME!!

Hey, everyone. I am back home so that means that I am back to this blog.

I had such an amazing time. I can't believe that I finally did it and succeeded! It was such a great experience and I hope one day my children get to do the same thing.

While I didn't intend for the trip to turn into a big introspective event, it did and I feel really great about myself and about my life. I think I have finally gotten my head around the fact that I am going to be married, and what all that entails and my soul has grown and I have learned to appreciate the view of the world a lot more than before. Life is so much better when you make a conscious effort to not look at the ground while you are walking and instead try to look at the horizon. Don't just look up, look at the horizon and just take a big breath in.

Everytime I would reach the top of a tower, or a hill, or a temple and it would just be you and the view and the wind...it was such an amazing feeling. I have never considered myself to be a spiritual person, much less a religious person, but this trip definitly made me question my skepticism. I am not saying I'm going to start preaching some crazy shit, but my view has changed, but it is a personal change...I don't think I could really describe it if I tried.

So now it is back to the real world. I have taken the next couple days off of work to get back on schedule and to spend some quality time with Chris and other friends. Going to get a haircut today!! And change euros to dollars and maybe so shopping! Oh goodness. I feel so good its amazing.

So if any of you need a partner for traveling across Europe...or anywhere for that matter...you know who to call.

No comments: